Inflammation has a wide range of causes, and is often disguised as anything from weight gain to skin problems, headaches to depression.
Here’s a green smoothie recipe that’s packed with nutrients and ingredients that have anti-inflammatory effects in the body. For a little more substance, try adding in a plant based or brown rice all natural protein powder.
- 1 cup frozen or fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 handful of arugula
- 1 handful of spinach and kale
- 1/2 inch fresh ginger root, peeled
- 1 1/2 cups of coconut water and/or green tea
- 1/2 tsp. of ground turmeric powder or 1/2 inch fresh turmeric root
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- *optional scoop vegan and gluten-free protein powder
- water and ice to blend.
Blend ingredients. Top it with chia seeds and a handful of walnuts. Enjoy!